Jordan Feeley's Yoga Blog of Salamba Sarvagasana

Jordan Feeley's Yoga Blog of Salamba Sarvagasana
ISPE- Yoga 12:30 A, C, E

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mental Awareness

I tried the shoulder stand multiple times, each time trying longer to stay balanced and centered and keep my legs and torso straight up. The first few times I could only keep it for a few seconds and keep my legs from wobbling. With help starting out from the wall and some help and I got to keep it longer focusing on my legs and breathing. Keeping my entire back straight and even pointing my toes I could feel a stretch in my back. It really helps the closer you get your shoulder blades under your back together and pushing your elbows into the mat to support the hips. Each time I tried this im glad to say I could do it longer with more balance with alot of focus on your body and deep breaths like I was breathing down to my feet. I was expecting the blood to be rushing down or something but for me I didn't exactly feel that mostly because your neck is straight and your head is on the ground so their really wasn't any discomfort. I hope to improve even more in the shoulder stand.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece, I must say. Mental Awareness

    ReplyDelete